Ravens on the clock! :D (Actualspambot I believe)
Ravens on the clock! :D (Actualspambot I believe)
Spam pmed me his picks last night, and here they are.
And with the 32nd pick, of the 2013 NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens, and the world champions select, Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon.
The Ravens are likely to lose Paul Kruger in the offseason, while Suggs is 30 and has spent 10 years in the league, he is also still overcoming a tendon rupture and a torn biceps. It may be a good idea to take a pass rusher to help him out, as Upshaw is more of an edge setting type LB. Jordan is an athletic freak that is still fairly raw, but has a lot of upside.
Your official Russel street report 2013 first round mock draft!
1. Kansas City Chiefs- Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia. (GM: Actualspambot)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Damontre Moore, Defensive end, Texas A&M (GM: Carey)
3. Oakland Raiders- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah (GM: Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch)
4. Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M(GM: CodyPKA)
5. Detroit Lions- DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama (GM: CodyPKA)
6. Cleveland Browns- Ezekial Ansah, DE, BYU (GM: S.r.genovese)
7. Arizona Cardinals- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (GM: GOTA)
8. Buffalo Bills- Mike Glennon, QB, NC State(GM: Irish raven)
9. New York Jets- Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State (GM: Londonraven)
10. Tennessee Titans- Johnthan Bsnks, CB, Mississippi State (GM: B Murph)
11. San Diego Chargers- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama (Ctulb)
12. Miami Dolphins- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (Iggy)
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas (GM: Ravenous)
14. Carolina Panthers- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia (GM: NCRAVEN)
15. New Orleans Saints- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB LSU (GM: Carey)
16. St. Louis Rams- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. (GM: Leachisabeast)
17. Pittsburgh Steelers- Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio state (GM: Wickedsolo)
18. Dallas Cowboys- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri (GM: Runrayrun27)
19. New York Giants- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas (GM: Bigplayreceiver
20. Chicago Bears- Johnathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina (Wickedsolo)
21. Cincinnati Bengals- Manti Teo, ILB, Notre Dame (GM: Jaydee414)
22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington)- Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama (Leachisabeast)
23. Minnesota Vikings- Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida (GM: Inexplicable)
24. Indianapolis Colts- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama (GM: Jonboy)
25. Seattle Seahawks- Keenan Allen, WR, California (GM: Dan Featherman)
26. Green Bay Packers- Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB, LSU (GM: Admartian)
27. Houston Texans- Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU (GM: Kyle Cactus)
28. Denver Broncos- Alec Ogletree, ILB, Goergia (GM: Boulderraven)
29. New England Patriots- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington (GM: Bigplayreceiver)
30. Atlanta Falcons- Arthur Brown, OLB/ILB, Kansas state (GM: Bazooka Joe)
31. San Francisco 49ers- Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia (GM: MD Boy)
32. Baltimore Ravens- Dion Jordan, OLB, Georgia (GM: Actualspambot)
Carey is starting the second round with Jacksonville on the clock.
Damn, I was actually available to make my pick, (im about to board a flight to Hawaii and didn't know if I would be able to get online) but Leach not only summed up my reasoning behind my pick perfectly, but I also got my highest rated choice of the list I sent him.
I love this kid's freakish combo of size, pass rushing ability, and coverage skill. And when his biggest (literally and figuratively) competition went off the board curtesy the Niners, nabbing this guy felt like a no brainer.
Also Leach, you left off my Chiefs pick.
With the first pick of round 2, the Chiefs add a dynamic weapon to go along with their new franchise QB, Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford.
Asb, i think the first and second overqll picks rotate in thesecond round? Ragrdless, i higghly doubt Jacksonville would go for a TE in the second round, so we'll roll with this.
Carey is on the board.
Second round order:
- Jacksonville (2-14)
- Kansas City (2-14)
- Philadelphia (4-12)
- Detroit (4-12)
- Cincinnati - from Oakland (4-12)
- Arizona (5-11)
- Cleveland (5-11)
- New York Jets (6-10)
- Tennessee (6-10)
- Buffalo (6-10)
- Miami (7-9)
- Tampa Bay (7-9)
- Carolina (7-9)
- New Orleans (7-9)
- San Diego (7-9)
- St. Louis (7-8-1)
- Dallas (8-8)
- Pittsburgh (8-8)
- New York Giants (9-7)
- Chicago (10-6)
- Washington* (10-6)
- Minnesota* (10-6)
- Cincinnati* (10-6)
- Miami - from Indianapolis* (11-5)
- Green Bay* (11-5)
- Seattle* (11-5)
- Houston* (12-4)
- Denver* (13-3)
- New England* (12-4)
- Atlanta* (13-3)
- San Francisco* (11-4-1)
- Baltimore* (10-6)
Browns forfeit pick for supplemental draft pick (Josh Gordon)
Saints forfeit pick for Bountygate
Raiders -> Bengals: Carson Palmer
Colts -> Dolphins: Vontae Davis
Who's got the Redskins now by the way? did someone ask for it or does Leach just keep it since he had the traded pick owned by the rams in round 1?
p.s. I propose one of the people who don't have a pick in this round (for whatever reason), as long as they can confirm that they are interested.
What I really like about Jordan is that he is a very underrated run stopper and his skills in coverage are underrated as well. For being 6'7" 245lbs, he does a nice job back pedaling and dropping into space. Plus, he has excellent leaping ability, so he can bat balls down with those long arms.
If he comes to Baltimore, I'd like to see him put on about 10-15lbs of muscle because I think that would help him against OT's, but he would be an excellent replacement for Kruger and eventually supplant Suggs.