View RSS Feed

AirFlacco

"The Greatest NFL Players of All Time" - 3 of 22 from Baltimore

Rate this Entry
[QUOTE=Mista T;861033][QUOTE=Terpsfan82;860993] Personally, I think Bert Jones was a better qb.[/QUOTE]

I somewhat agree. The Ruston Rifle could hurl the long ball with pinpoint accuracy. Unlike Peyton Manning, Bert did not pad stats with short easy stuff. Also, Bert's receivers were pedestrian: Glenn Doughty and TE Ray Chester. Carr ran like a rabbit, but had no moves.

Neither of Archie's sons were equal to their old man in basic passing capability. I had the great experience of watching Archie for three years in the Superdome. In an era of many great QBs - Stabler, Staubach, Bradshaw, Griese, Tarkenton, Bert Jones -- Archie was among the best; unfortunately, he played for a drug-infested team which never contended, so he was overlooked by the media.[/QUOTE]

Bellicheat's first job was with the Colts when Bert was the QB. He always says Bert had the strongest arm he ever saw.

As for his job, he ran the xerox machine. Made copies for everyone and fixed it. He said the players didn't even know what a xerox machine was.

Submit ""The Greatest NFL Players of All Time" - 3 of 22 from Baltimore" to Digg Submit ""The Greatest NFL Players of All Time" - 3 of 22 from Baltimore" to del.icio.us Submit ""The Greatest NFL Players of All Time" - 3 of 22 from Baltimore" to StumbleUpon Submit ""The Greatest NFL Players of All Time" - 3 of 22 from Baltimore" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Link To Mobile Site